Please click on the link to view the: 2018 Municipal Election Notice and Information (PDF)
Notice is hereby given to the Municipal Electors of the Corporation of the Town of Kearney, in the District of Parry Sound, that the period during which nomination papers may be filed in the above office of the Clerk for the purpose of the Municipal Elections, commences on May 1, 2018 and will continue during normal office hours of the Clerk until the close of nominations on Friday July 27, 2018 at the hour of 2:00 PM in the afternoon.
Nominations will be received for the Offices of:
“ONE TO BE ELECTED AT LARGE”
“FOUR TO BE ELECTED AT LARGE”
How to be Nominated:
- Obtain nomination papers from the Office of the Clerk.
- Bring your completed and signed Nomination Papers to the Clerk between 9:00 am – 2:00 pm on Nomination Day, Friday July 27, 2018 or during normal office hours between Tuesday May 1, 2018 and Thursday July 26, 2018.
- The prescribed Nomination Filing Fee of $200.00 for the head of council and $100.00 for all other offices must be paid at the time of filing the Nomination (cash, certified cheque or money order is only accepted made payable to the municipality). A candidate is entitled to a refund of the filing fee, if he or she is elected, receives two percent of the votes cast for the offices or withdraws the nomination.
- A Nomination paper may be filed in person or by an agent. The Municipal Elections Act 1996, prohibits any election document to be filed by fax or email.
- After the Nomination paper is filed with the Clerk, it shall remain in the possession of the Clerk.
If a greater number of candidates than required to fill the above offices are nominated, an election will be held, Monday October 22, 2018.
DATED AT THE TOWN OF KEARNEY THIS 11th DAY OF JANUARY, 2018