Monday, October 22nd, 2018 is Election Day.
Voters in Kearney will elect a Mayor and four Councillors.
The next Term of Office is December 1, 2018 to November 14, 2022.
Posted: April 10, 2018
Being a By-Law to regulate the Placement of Election Campaign Signs on Public Properties and Road Allowances under the Jurisdiction of the Town of Kearney.
Posted: February 26, 2018
Municipal Council Candidates or Potential Candidates interested in running in the 2018 Municipal Election are invited to attend a FREE Candidate Information Session on:
Thursday, March 29, 2018
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Armour, Ryerson & Burk’s Falls Memorial Arena
Karl Crozier Community Hall
220 Centre Street, Burk’s Falls
Posted: January 29, 2018
The Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) is pleased to announce that the 2018 update to So You Want to Run for Council will be live at MunicipalEducation.ca by mid to late February, 2018. This course is geared to individuals who are planning to run for a seat on municipal council. In order to get information out to candidates we are seeking your assistance in promoting the course.
About the Course:
Current and retired members of council designed “So You Wish to Run for Council?” and it presents the challenges and opportunities candidates will face through the campaign and as sitting members of council.
The course content is valuable for anyone running for council, as it not only examines the rules that govern him or her but also brings to light some of the cultural and soft knowledge pieces that influence the lives of members of council. Course content covers:
- Reasons That You Should and Should Not Run for Council;
- What You Should Know Before You Run for Office;
- Dealing with the Media;
- Techniques for Working with Others;
- The Roles of Council Members and Staff;
- What the True Power and Influence of Municipal Government is;
- Transparency and Accountability in Government;
- and much more…
Posting Date: January 15th, 2018
Individuals wishing to be considered for appointment to the Almaguin Area Joint Compliance. Audit Committee for the 2018 election period, are invited to submit a resume not later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16th, 2018.
Posted: January 8, 2018
For more info: 2018 Municipal Election Notice and Information (PDF)
Notice is hereby given to the Municipal Electors of the Corporation of the Town of Kearney, in the District of Parry Sound, that the period during which nomination papers may be filed in the above office of the Clerk for the purpose of the Municipal Elections, commences on May 1, 2018 and will continue during normal office hours of the Clerk until the close of nominations on Friday July 27, 2018 at the hour of 2:00 PM in the afternoon.
Nominations will be received for the Offices of:
“ONE TO BE ELECTED AT LARGE”
“FOUR TO BE ELECTED AT LARGE”
How to be Nominated:
- Obtain nomination papers from the Office of the Clerk.
- Bring your completed and signed Nomination Papers to the Clerk between 9:00 am – 2:00 pm on Nomination Day, Friday July 27, 2018 or during normal office hours between Tuesday May 1, 2018 and Thursday July 26, 2018.
- The prescribed Nomination Filing Fee of $200.00 for the head of council and $100.00 for all other offices must be paid at the time of filing the Nomination (cash, certified cheque or money order is only accepted made payable to the municipality). A candidate is entitled to a refund of the filing fee, if he or she is elected, receives two percent of the votes cast for the offices or withdraws the nomination.
- A Nomination paper may be filed in person or by an agent. The Municipal Elections Act 1996, prohibits any election document to be filed by fax or email.
- After the Nomination paper is filed with the Clerk, it shall remain in the possession of the Clerk.
If a greater number of candidates than required to fill the above offices are nominated, an election will be held, Monday October 22, 2018.
DATED AT THE TOWN OF KEARNEY THIS 11th DAY OF JANUARY, 2018