Kearney and COVID-19
Health Unit News Release – November 11, 2020 – “Act Now to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19”
The Mayor and Council of the Town of Kearney would like to take this opportunity to advise residents, property owners, and visitors of the Town’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Staying at home and social distancing remain a priority. These two steps are the easiest ways to stay safe and healthy.
- The North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit is directing that face coverings are mandatory in enclosed public places as of July 24, 2020.
- Municipal Services and staff are still operational. Regular hours of operation are still being followed. Staff may be contacted by phone or email as offices are closed to the public. Please know we are taking every precaution available to keep our staff safe during this pandemic, which may mean extra sanitizing/cleaning, extra precautions regarding social distancing, and new procedures. Please be respectful of Staff and the stresses they are facing.
- Public amenities are CLOSED as per Provincial guidelines including:
- Ball parks
- Public Washrooms
- Boat ramps, beaches, trails and open spaces are OPEN for use. Please respect social distancing guidelines.
- Council meetings will be held both in person and electronically for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Members of the public wishing to take part in Council Meetings and Special Council Meetings may do so by contacting the Municipal Office at least two days prior to the meeting and those wishing to watch/listen virtually will be able to do so.
Is your Business Struggling due to COVID-19?
Northern Ontario Recovery Program, designed to help businesses adapt operations according to local public health guidelines, while protecting employees and customers. View their website at www.nohfc.ca